Estate planning is critical for all of us. While we may not think of estate planning as a “guide”, that is exactly what it is. It is a guide that can ensure we are able to:
- Give our money to our loved ones at the time of our death
- Give legal authority to someone we trust to make financial decisions for us
- Authorize our loved ones to make critical healthcare decisions in a crisis
- Outline what we want when it comes to end-of-life decisions.
While it does so much more than simply transfer our assets to our heirs at the time of our passing, most people do not think about that. In all honesty, for most of us, it takes something akin to a pandemic to think about these questions.
As an office, we have chosen to remain open for business during this uncertain time. We know just how important it is for you to have the legal representation you need to make sure that you can protect not only yourself but your family and your friends. You need to know that you are protected against any uncertainty that may come your way.
Lawyers are essential services, and we take this responsibility very seriously. We want you to contact us so that we may create a Florida estate plan that reflects your wishes now and for the future. Together, we can create an estate plan that answers your questions, as well as those of your loved ones, during this uncertain time. These questions may include:
- Who can speak to my doctor?
- Will my family know what to do if I am on a ventilator?
- Can my daughter collect my Social Security checks and deposit them if I cannot?
- Who can access my medical records?
- How will my loved ones know what I want?
- Who can advocate for me?
We know you may have your own questions as well, and we encourage you to ask us. Let us help you ensure that you are protected at all times. Do not hesitate to contact our office to get started creating the estate plan that you need.